Today after recess our 55 salmon eggs arrived from Fisheries and Oceans Canada. Here are some photos and a video of their arrival. We are so excited to see what happens.
First she is inspecting our tank to see if we have set it up okay.
Our rocks for the Redd are good but we need to move them just a little bit.
Here we are learning the difference between living eggs and eggs that have died. The living eggs are in the cup on the right side of the photo.
Here she is slowly getting ready for the eggs to be put into our tank.
Inside those tubes, we saw different stages of salmon development. We are so excited to see how our eggs change over time.
When we were talking about eggs we learned a little bit about how they are different and similar to the eggs some of us eat.
And finally here's the video of our eggs being put into our salmon tank.
Check back often and we'll do our best to keep you up to date.
- About Division 16
- Visitor Etiquette - How to Be Safe on Our Blog
- Why Do We Learn On-Line?
- Div 16 2016-2017 Blogs
- Word Wall Words
- Parent Access to Fresh Grade
- Book Suggestions from Us to YOU!
- Curiousity Corner
- Apps We Use
- Learning Links for Children
- Learning Links for Parents
- Previous Years Individual Student Blogs
- Student Friendly Research Sites
- How to Leave A Comment on Our Blog