Today Ms, Lirenman showed us four numbers and we had to decide which one didn't belong. The numbers we were showed were 9, 16, 25, and 43. At first, everyone was quick to say that they knew which one didn't belong. But when asked, it seemed we had a few different answers. Some children said it was the 9, some said it was the 16, and others said it was the 43. We were confused.
Ms. Lirenman then asked us to explain our reasons behind the numbers we have chosen. Some picked the 9 because it was only a single digit number, some picked 16 because it was an even number, and some picked 43 because when you add 9 and 16 together you get 25 so it obviously didn't belong. Not so obvious right? There were other answers too, all correct.
If you're curious to see more of these problems check out the Canadian website wodb.ca . Ms. Lirenman tells us we will be doing many more of these over the school year.
- About Division 16
- Visitor Etiquette - How to Be Safe on Our Blog
- Why Do We Learn On-Line?
- Div 16 2016-2017 Blogs
- Word Wall Words
- Parent Access to Fresh Grade
- Book Suggestions from Us to YOU!
- Curiousity Corner
- Apps We Use
- Learning Links for Children
- Learning Links for Parents
- Previous Years Individual Student Blogs
- Student Friendly Research Sites
- How to Leave A Comment on Our Blog