On Thursday Ms. Lirenman read the book How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin by Margaret McNamara illustrated by G. Brian Karas. With the knowledge we gained from the book we made predictions about how many seeds we thought might be in the pumpkins we had in our classroom.
We then got to work scooping out the insides of the pumpkin and sorting out the seeds.
It was fun but messy work.
Then we had to count our seeds. Ms. Lirenman drew tens frames on our paper so it was pretty easy to count our seeds.
In between our counting we also had to see if we could pick the string that matched the circumference of our pumpkin. Three groups could do it and four had a bit of trouble.
In the end we ran out of time and didn't get to finish counting all of our seeds. It was still a great way to learn a little bit more about pumpkins and a whole lot more about math.
- About Division 16
- Visitor Etiquette - How to Be Safe on Our Blog
- Why Do We Learn On-Line?
- Div 16 2016-2017 Blogs
- Word Wall Words
- Parent Access to Fresh Grade
- Book Suggestions from Us to YOU!
- Curiousity Corner
- Apps We Use
- Learning Links for Children
- Learning Links for Parents
- Previous Years Individual Student Blogs
- Student Friendly Research Sites
- How to Leave A Comment on Our Blog