Yesterday we started to explore our newest math stations. These stations allow us to to explore 2D and 3D shapes. In case you forgot we actually get to choose which math stations we want to work on to learn our math concepts. Our new stations are the following.
2. Shape Posters - Using the camera feature on the iPad and the Pic Collage App on the iPad we take photos and create digital posters showing our shape knowledge.
3. Shape Castles - In this station we use 3D solids to create castles (or really what ever creation we want to make using the solids) and then we record and talk about which solids and how many of each we used in our creations.
4. Make a Movie - In Make a Movie we use the camera on an iPad to take pictures of shapes around our classroom. Then we talk about each shape we find and how we know what shape they are because of their characteristics. We turn those small clips into a movie using iMovie. Here is a sample.
5. What's My Rule - In What's My Rule we sort shapes by at least one attribute. Once we've done that we take a photo and talk about what our sorting rule is. Here is a sample.
6. Shapes in Solids - In this station we label the shapes we see in solids. We use the Skitch app to label the parts of the solids.
How are you learning about 2D and 3D shapes?