Today one of our dads came in to talk to us about his job. He is a care giver for people with disabilities. He told us about how he takes care of people with special needs. He helps them get to appointments, or to recreational events because without his help they could not get there. He makes sure they are clean and fed. He helps them do so many things they can not do on their own. He makes them smile.
To do this job he had to go to school for one year. His favourite part of the job is knowing that at the end of the day he has helped put a smile on someone's face. His least favourite part of the day is when he has to leave them alone.
Thank you for sharing your job with us. It made us think about what we can do for others and how it makes us feel too. It is important to give back to our community.
- About Division 16
- Visitor Etiquette - How to Be Safe on Our Blog
- Why Do We Learn On-Line?
- Div 16 2016-2017 Blogs
- Word Wall Words
- Parent Access to Fresh Grade
- Book Suggestions from Us to YOU!
- Curiousity Corner
- Apps We Use
- Learning Links for Children
- Learning Links for Parents
- Previous Years Individual Student Blogs
- Student Friendly Research Sites
- How to Leave A Comment on Our Blog