Today Ms. Lirenman's friend Andrea skyped into our classroom to share her job with us. She works at Alpha Technologies where they make power systems that help keep the power on - from cell phone towers to traffic lights to cable tv signals. They have a big factory (130,000 sqft) in Burnaby, with 500 employees. She told us that she uses a lot of math, reading, and problem solving at her job. Her favourite part of the job is having new problems to solve every day so the job never gets boring. The one thing she doesn't like about her job is that she has to get up early to go to work. She challenged us to find one of Alpha's boxes next time we are at a traffic light.
We are glad she took the time to speak to us. If you want to learn more about where she works you can check it out here.
- About Division 16
- Visitor Etiquette - How to Be Safe on Our Blog
- Why Do We Learn On-Line?
- Div 16 2016-2017 Blogs
- Word Wall Words
- Parent Access to Fresh Grade
- Book Suggestions from Us to YOU!
- Curiousity Corner
- Apps We Use
- Learning Links for Children
- Learning Links for Parents
- Previous Years Individual Student Blogs
- Student Friendly Research Sites
- How to Leave A Comment on Our Blog